Jan 20, 2012

Taste the AGS Bake Sale!

Hadn't had myself an indie gaming bundle for over a month and withdrawal symptoms were kicking in, when, heroically but not quite unexpectedly, the AGS Bake Sale came to the rescue! And what an elegant rescue that was, what with the Bake Sale's 14 previously unreleased, AGS crafted and incredibly promising games. As of course, as one would suspect (hint: AGS = Adventure Game Studio) the majority of said games is of the point-and-click variety, which is more than fine by me. You know I love them adventures. And I can point and click at stuff with the best of them.

Then again, I also love the work of Cart Life creator Richard Hofmeier, Little Computer People, CRPGs and the odd platformer; the AGS Bake Sale has me covered there too, as it also serves as a fantastic showcase of the amazing versatility of AGS itself. Adventures are of course the main thing on offer here, but as them included ones are quite numerous and I've just grabbed the bundle myself (did I mention that -sadly- all the money donated goes to charity?), I'll be writing about them in detail over the following days. Not that I'll be ignoring the rest of the offerings. Oh, no...

So, uhm, go grab yourself something lovely over at the AGS Bake Sale reader. You can, after all, pay exactly what you want for all them shiny new games. 

11 comments:

  1. I kinda wish there were a way to divide up the money between charity and the developers like the other indie bundles - I'm down with charity giving of course, but I'd also like to reward developers for their work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Couldn't agree more dear Discoalucard. Those brilliantly creative (and giving) people do deserve to be paid for the work; even if it is symbolic.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is the first time the AGS community has done anything like this. Frankly, they weren't expecting this much publicity or number of donations, seeing as it's the adventure game genre and the games themselves were secret up until now, so there were no trailers or demos, such as you would find for a Humble Indie Bundle. Now that they've almost hit $3000 in just a few days, they're rethinking things for next year.

    Thank you for the support!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah, but my support was -quite obviously- a given. Also am very happy the Bake Sale is doing this well and even happier everyone is considering the possibility of actually giving money to the developers. Hope it all turns out brilliantly!

      Delete
  4. I agree with Discoalucard and the Gnome, it would have been nice to divide up the money and give the possibility to reward the developers for their work. Also, certainly a launch trailer would be great -- I bought the pack blindly, but others might need a little push. By the way, now it's between me and the games, my objective is to finish them all TODAY. TWICE! (drool)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Now *that* would be a most impressive feat! Best of luck playing all those games boukensha :)

      Delete
  5. (Points and makes a clicking sound.....)

    :D call me visonary, but this could catch on...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A visionary or, maybe, a PROPHET?

      We'll follow you master!

      Delete
  6. ...no, please don't.. I get goosebumps when people follow me.. it all started way back when......

    (several hours later)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Blog Narrator2/4/12, 6:36 PM

    is it me, or does he still think we're listening to him.....

    ReplyDelete
  8. I wouldn't know. Can't hear anything transmitted via those electronic thingies...

    ReplyDelete