Mar 22, 2007

It's Source, Goldeneye: Source

Goldeneye: Source does something fantastic: it remakes the Ninendo 64 ueber classic GoldenEye 007 (it got a 9.8 @ GameSpot and a ridiculous 96% @ Metacritic) for the PC, or, to be more precise, for the still impressive Source engine. It is thus a brilliant and traditionally freeware Half Life 2 mod with a splash of retro gaming. So, uhm, download the Beta1 version of GE:S here.

Oh, and if you must absolutely be convinced this download is worth your precious time, know that GE:S won third place in the illustrious MOTY 2006 competition. If, on the other hand, you'd rather enjoy this on the proper N64 hardware with the weirdly shaped controller, hang around Retro Treasures and you might just get lucky.

Related @ Gnome's Lair: Unreal Tournament mods, Counter Strike: Fawlty Towers, quirky Half Life 2 mods, Ultima V revisited


Related Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

13 comments:

  1. ..Retro Treasures rocks!!!......

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gnome... this is amazing, can't wait to DL it. Goldeneye is easily one of the best shooters ever made. I'm gonna toss this up on my own blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. anonymous would be me, joe.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just got an N64 with a manual for Golden Eye but no game cart. So I dunno.

    With no internet connection at home I can't install Half Life 2 (f'ing jerks don't

    Yo Gnome off topic post!!!!

    Do you need Dungeon Siege to make the Ultima V remake work?

    I LOVED that game. Ultima V was one of the first video games I ever owned and played. I beat the whole thing but I could never solve the mystery of Quentons ghost in S.B. I confronted the dude with the knife but I never could bring him to justice.

    I have the original game and stuff but I don't know if I can get it to work with DOS box or not. (I still have my 386 but the cd drive is blown on it).

    Regardless I am going to try to download the Ultima V remake and mess up some headless and trolls.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What the hell was I thinking? I think I was talking about Ultima 6. Anyways I will try the remake!

    ReplyDelete
  6. By the way, this 2007 version of Goldeneye looks CUTTING EDGE!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Indeed it does Mr. Elderly. It also Jazzes sometimes too...

    Joe, glad you enjoy such stuff mate... Hope you already played it.

    Ultima 6, huh? Well, it don't need no remake this one as the graphics are still quite great. As for the U5 mod, yes, you will need Dungeon Siege my friend... Oh, and you could try one of em Dosbox frontends. Quite handy they are. Cutting edge, even... Heh.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great find, Gnome! [I like the new look, BTW]

    ReplyDelete
  9. Glad you liked it dear possum. Nice to have you back :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Too bad Goldeneye won't be hitting the Nintendo VC in a hurry.

    ReplyDelete
  11. ....jazzes... i forgot the jazzing bits..

    Retro Treasures Rocks!!
    and Jazzes and occasionally Discooosss......

    ReplyDelete
  12. I wouldn't worry though dear J, as it would definitely need on of them VC controllers...

    And some unk dear Elderly, and some punk!

    ReplyDelete
  13. hmmph!... well of course yes unks

    Retro Treasures Rocks!!
    and Jazzes and occasionally Discooosss, and most definitely punks.....

    ReplyDelete