Jan 1, 2006

About Gnome's Lair

Not surprisingly, Gnome's Lair, this very blog, is the same blog people of all races and fetishes used to call the random gnome's random lair. It also happens to be my blog, which is mine (not yours) and very definitely belongs to me. I, on the other hand, have a theory and -quite obviously really- use the alias gnome when writing on them internets. Don't really know how I came up with it, mind, though most people that actually know me prefer to call me by my real name: Konstantinos. Oh, and I absolutely do not look like this dark and marvelous creation of Deitrix:

Now, despite being an urban geographer myself, Gnome's Lair is all about gaming in all of its many and varied guises. It is thus about computer & video games, old games, new games, indie games, adventure games, free games, board games, ludology, game creation, RPGs, books on games, games on books, and well the theory of and in games. It is not about geography or planning.

Contentwise, if I were you I'd expect a slight emphasis on most things free, indie and retro, especially if somehow related to adventures (text or graphic) and the glorious ZX Spectrum, as this particular gnome's favorite games do include Manic Miner, Monkey Island (the first three), Sensible Soccer, Civilization, Grim Fandango, Space Quest IV, The Hobbit, Gabriel Knight 3, Day of the Tentacle and The Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy.

Care to find out more? Try this Blogger Profile. Or simply contact me.


I am currently writing for :

More of my articles scattered around the web:

You can also find me over @:

Oh, and I'm playing games around these places too: